6th Annual PIER Climate Change Symposium
The Future Is Now: Mitigation and Adaptation Research in California
September 8 – 10, 2009
Online registration is now CLOSED. On-site registration will be available throughout the conference. Please go to the registration desk to register at the conference.
Audience: Presentations are tailored to share technical information in an easy-to-understand manner with policy makers, program managers, climate change researchers, news media, and the general public.
· Present new scientific findings obtained by the Energy Commission’s California Climate Change Center sponsored research and from other research programs.
· Facilitate cross-disciplinary discussion of key climate change research issues to explore scientifically and economically sustainable solutions.
· Provide a forum for individuals interested in regional climate change issues and ongoing research in California.
· Provide networking opportunities among researchers for addressing and collaborating on regional climate change research.
· General Registration: $100
· Local or State Agency Employee: $20
· Student or Postdoctoral Researcher: $20
The first session will begin at 1 pm, on Tuesday, September 8th. The morning sessions will end at noon time and resume again for the afternoon sessions at about 1:00 p.m.
For information on eateries around the Convention Center, please click here.
Please note that outside food and drink are NOT allowed within the Sacramento Convention Center.
Conference Contact: Sarah Pittiglio SPittigl@energy.state.ca.us (916) 654-3962
Registration Contact: Christa Bailey email@example.com (858) 826-4404
News media representatives may register for the conference for free.
Please contact Michele Demetras at the California Energy Commission: MDemetra@energy.state.ca.us (916) 653-0390